Tangerine Tigers & OETT now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Just getting started with this, decided yesterday to use this tank and to do this stocking.

Starting with

Tank
Mr. Aqua (was new to me last summer)
11.4 Gallons
Dimension: 18.9" x 11.8" x 11.8"
Has a nice home made acrylic top with clips to brace it and a slot cut out for the HOB and a feeding hole!

Filter
Was supposed to be a Fluval 20 which came off of a Fluval Edge tank but it just won't work for me and I'm using a temporary internal filter that was supposed to be for a turtle tank, can't remember atm the brand moves the water nicely.

Substrate
Shrimp Substrate which came with the TT.
It might be Up Aqua ~1mm uniform balls kinda grey. Light and fluffy feeling but sinks right back down and sits there well. Really odd stuff.

Being used to Eco Complete I expect it to practically cut my hands, but no, and it is fun to play with. ;)

Light
Beamworks 36 LED - has a few blue moonlights, I traded for it a while back for a backup light so didn't really pay too close of attention to all the particulars. Will need to look that up in awhile.

Stock

Have approx. 24 assorted size TT shrimp Picked these up the beginning of May 2015. Kept them with the Blue Velvet shrimp and has few set backs over the year and feel lucky to have this many left.

They were in a temporary situation which lasted aaaalllllll the way to now, so I was a bit behind.

Here they are when I was putting them into the tank after bringing them home last May.
60074-albums13090-picture68865.jpg

Last edited:
Since I haven't really planned this I was a little side tracked on my aquarium supplies available. I have a bunch of stuff I threw together. But my extra plants are frozen solid in 2 5G buckets like giant plantsicles (like 5 gallon popsicles).

So I realize I hardly have any plants.

Scooped up a few runners of dwarf vals that had finally started to recover in my inside the house (not frozen solid) "throw whatever into it" container. A scavenged a bunch of DW from the holding tank and the cleanout from the TT / BV tank tear down a couple days ago.

And a bunch of Petrified Wood stones.

It is a really short tank but I am thinking based on one of my DW pieces to to a root tree trunk look. Feeling very unprepared since I was going to sell off this tank not do a scape in it. Surprise!

Plants
A little Java Fern wide leaf.
Getting a handfull of Windelov and not sure what else is available I am just picking up what they didn't need anymore, this week from a hobbyist.

Pinto Anubias :)

Micro Anubias and Nana Petite

Can't use the internal filter without a sock around it cause of baby shrimp and that might reduce too much flow, so I am going to switch it with the Fluval 20 on the 15G tall QT and the Clown Loach won't get sucked up by the little filter. Tomorrow though in the evening, have a busy schedule.

Did 50% pwc on the 1 gal container with the TT shrimp in it.

I like that tank size. Not too deep (IMO shrimp don't need vertical real estate). Pics of the tank when you get a chance.
Would guppy grass work in that setup? Because I know a guy getting rid of a bunch of plants...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Would love to see a FTS of what you've done so far. Those tigers have really nice color!

Looking forward to following this build! When we both get our respective shrimp colonies breeding I'll trade you for some blue diamond if you'd be interested

Lots going on...Will share a few pics tomorrow.

TT came from a local hobbyist who was moving on from the shrimp hobby. Don't have much around here for shrimp either.

Hmmmm....plants!

A few pics

60074-albums14480-picture69689.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture69694.jpg

60074-albums14480-picture69690.jpg

Considering moving my giant Moss ball over to this tank. It is bigger than a baseball, more like a big orange, a smidge smaller than a softball. It is in the 12G Edge right now. It would be causing the scape to get out of proprtion, but think the shrimp would enjoy it.

60074-albums14480-picture69697.jpg

Wow, so long ago since and up date.

Here's a fast update. Decided I couldn't decide yes on the Blue Diamonds as there are too many color variations in the offspring - so not at this time.

The tank mates are ~6 Cory Habrosus.

About a dozen Boraras Brigittae and a few misc. Boraras Exclamation and Strawberry.

The reason really for the update is that I have now found there to be at least one and probably 2 - Orange Eye Tangerine Tiger

Cruddy pic but it really does have glowing eyes
60074-albums14480-picture70576.jpg

Better pics later. Very busy right now.

Back
Top Bottom