This tank is an ongoing process.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I decided to switch to a black background on my 20long. With the previous background, it just started to look too busy.

Attachments

• IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3593.jpg
    IMG_3593.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 142
You're right, the old background was very busy looking.
Your tank looks so calm and serene now, it's amazing how 1 minor thing can make such a big difference in the overall look of things

Appreciate the input ... It's so much more relaxing looking at it and, to top it off, the color of the plants have really popped!

I like the new background. Makes it look a lot cleaner and allows you to focus on other elements of the tank. Super cool.

Is it missing a rock on the right? Have you tried it with a rock it maybe another piece of driftwood.

Either way... You NAILED it!!

Is it missing a rock on the right? Have you tried it with a rock it maybe another piece of driftwood.

Either way... You NAILED it!!

Haha ... the ONLY difference between the two photos is the background. The first background makes the photo look like the rear right corner has a big gray rock when in fact it has smaller black / white zebra like rocks.

I'm thinking of just leaving that rear right corner bare, I want one area fairly free on decor, save for a mostly buried small piece of DW. But that's still in consideration. That corner doesn't look as empty as the photo shows with the few rocks and shrimp crawling all over it.

Still, it's an ongoing process.

Haha ... the ONLY difference between the two photos is the background. The first background makes the photo look like the rear right corner has a big gray rock when in fact it has smaller black / white zebra like rocks.

I'm thinking of just leaving that rear right corner bare, I want one area fairly free on decor, save for a mostly buried small piece of DW. But that's still in consideration. That corner doesn't look as empty as the photo shows with the few rocks and shrimp crawling all over it.

Still, it's an ongoing process.

Oh wow! I just looked again lol. That's funny. Much better now. It's was so busy before. And yeah... It's ALWAYS an ongoing process isn't it? lol

From what I can see it looks like you're using the marineland hideable LEDs..are you using any additional lighting?

Ha..ha. Glad someone noticed. You're correct, it's just one marineland 21inch hidden LED clipped to the front glass, the reflection is what you see. ... That's it.
It's done a great job with what I have ... Anubias, Crypts, Java Fern and an Amazon sword. All have shown new growth ... The sword has almost tripled in height.

Here's looking down the other length of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3673.jpg
    IMG_3673.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 68
Very nice! Just painted my 55 background black and love the change its made as well

Thanks! I have to refrain myself from doing too many changes too quickly.
Maybe next week I'll add a little more black sand in spots to darken it a bit more.

Did a bit more work .. mostly on the right side of the tank.

I added what I think is Ludwigia Repens (was unlabeled) I saw it at a Petco.
I was surprised at how much red it had considering it was in a tank with barely any additional light other than the store lights. Also moved a few stones around. Crossing my fingers that it does well. I like adding a bit more red colors to the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3766.jpg
    IMG_3766.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom