Total Invert Begginer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there, I currently own a planted 12 and a half gallon. I have just started fish keeping and have noticed what joy it brings to keep fish. I'm only a young girl, (still in primary.) and am deeply confused by invertebrates I would love the privilege to keep some and need some advice. I've heard about mystery snail and all but I need to know how many shrimp or snail you could get. I would ideally wont to know about food and care and breeding as I heard they breed easily.

Any advice would be lovely and thank you very much for any advice.

Hi there, I currently own a planted 12 and a half gallon. I have just started fish keeping and have noticed what joy it brings to keep fish. I'm only a young girl, (still in primary.) and am deeply confused by invertebrates I would love the privilege to keep some and need some advice. I've heard about mystery snail and all but I need to know how many shrimp or snail you could get. I would ideally wont to know about food and care and breeding as I heard they breed easily.

Any advice would be lovely and thank you very much for any advice.

Alot really depends on the fish you have and such. Shrimp and crays are definerly more advanced. Make sure you have the basics of fish keeping first before shrimp. Snails are usually easier to keep than shrimp but are also messier. Both are easy to feed.
In order to give more info we need to know what inverts you want to keep.

Alot really depends on the fish you have and such. Shrimp and crays are definerly more advanced. Make sure you have the basics of fish keeping first before shrimp. Snails are usually easier to keep than shrimp but are also messier. Both are easy to feed.
In order to give more info we need to know what inverts you want to keep.

Crays can be more advanced, but hearty shrimp like ghost shrimp aren't too difficult to keep.

I've heard a bit on mystery and cherry shrimp are they compatible? What snails and shrimp do u recommend? Thanks for the advice

yup, mystery snails are compatible with cherry shrimp. I think Red Cherry shrimp are some of the best beginner shrimp, they are super hearty, breed easily, and are very colorful and fun to watch. Some other cool snails are nerite snails, Zebra nerites are one of my favorites (y)

Thanks you been great help.

Im looking at a 10L just for inverts
Is this enough
How many snails and shrimp can you put in this
Any other you would recommend

Back
Top Bottom