Underground filter??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There had been A LOT of discussion of underground filters on the planted forum and it got me thinking if this would perhaps be the way to go in a shrimp tank. It would certainly leave more room IN the tank. Thoughts everyone???

There had been A LOT of discussion of underground filters on the planted forum and it got me thinking if this would perhaps be the way to go in a shrimp tank. It would certainly leave more room IN the tank. Thoughts everyone???

If you’re not bothered by the uplift tube being visible and not using sand I honestly don’t think these filters can be beaten. Not only does the uplift (should you run it on an airstone) help oxygenate the water, the oxygenated upper portions of water are drawn downwards in to the substrate along with any visible specs of crud keeping the water very clear. Your only have to read the comment section on any YouTube video relating to undergravel filters to see just how popular they were in the 60s 70s. I know time moves on an all that but the principle of these cheap low maintenance filters sets them apart. Must have been a killer for the filter trade.

Back
Top Bottom