Urgent!!!! Apple snail diffusa help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppiesNSnails

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Pomacea Diffusa apple snail seems sick. It wont come out of its shell :(.
The temp is colder than usual. I saw my black male mating with her. She is a blue snail-Female. PLEASE HELP!!:( Is she like, incubating her eggs?

How long has she been hiding? You say the water is cooler, that could cause her not to move about as much, what's the temperature?
Are your parameters ok?
Who else is in the tank? Anyone bothering her?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

How long has she been hiding? You say the water is cooler, that could cause her not to move about as much, what's the temperature?
Are your parameters ok?
Who else is in the tank? Anyone bothering her?

Yes.... She has been hding for about 2 days. Other snails that have done this have died. :( Her "mate", Xavier the black snail and Apollo the gold snail are active&Healthy. Im worries! i added some warm water. The tankmates are 2 she guppies and 8 guppy fry. :(

How old is she?
Some snail's can also mate too much and the girls don't get to rest, this can cause problems.

Age not sure, maybe 1-2 months? That how long I had her. Her first part of the shell is starting to corrode, same with Grape (Black male):ermm: Grape tried mating with Pearl about 5 times. :flowers:

Age not sure, maybe 1-2 months? That how long I had her. Her first part of the shell is starting to corrode, same with Grape (Black male):ermm: Grape tried mating with Pearl about 5 times. :flowers:

The corroding can happen during mating. Is your ph ok? Do you add calcium, it will help with the shells . Poor Pearl! That happened with one of my girls, I eventually separated boys from the girls!

The corroding can happen during mating. Is your ph ok? Do you add calcium, it will help with the shells . Poor Pearl! That happened with one of my girls, I eventually separated boys from the girls!

Uh oh. I only have one 10G, so i can't separate. I but in cuttlebone in for calcuenm. I got them with corroding. :flowers:

It's good you've put something in it will help, also feeding blanched spinach and kale will help with shells they contain calcium.
Don't worry about not being able to separate hopefully she'll get a rest! We can only do what's possible :)

Uh oh....:( She is hanging open. Her flesh looks stiff-firm-alive. :(Earlier,
Pearl opened up enough to pass a "Package" of snail waste. :confused:

Maybe take her out and do the sniff test, if she's passed you'll know. I hope she's ok for you.

It's good you've put something in it will help, also feeding blanched spinach and kale will help with shells they contain calcium.
Don't worry about not being able to separate hopefully she'll get a rest! We can only do what's possible :)

I feed then smashed pea, algae wafer, and spinach. Also, can they eat frozen broccoli?

Yes, just blanch it first so it's easier for them to eat.

Sorry to hear that :( RIP Pearl.

Back
Top Bottom