Wanting to save crawfish babies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
My crawfish is carrying and I want to know if it's possible? These are the best pics I could get. Thank you in advance!
img_2664754_0_ba90cd2527556f0ee6a6e0d2563a4a57.jpg
img_2664754_1_4f66eb346b2509bfa36fe2e25398165e.jpg
img_2664754_2_6b279d46a2f4aa41ee267984c4afc468.jpg

My crawfish is carrying and I want to know if it's possible? These are the best pics I could get. Thank you in advance!

Wabt to know if what is possible? Saving some babies? Absolutely!just wait till they get Little bigger if you dont have fish. With fish you may need to more the mama.

those are marble self cloning crayfish i believe and they do not tend to be aggressive towards their babies many even let the babies grow in the same tank as their parents. background on these crays: their whole species of crays are all females and clone themselves to have eggs no breeding is occurred. they get about 6 inches more or less the max. they eat almost anything especially plants and low chance of cannibalism. they tolerate wide ranges of water parameters and they are so easy people bred them in buckets easily!!!!

and if that is not a marbled self cloning crayfish then i typed all that for no reason and i need to research more about my fish and inverts

Wabt to know if what is possible? Saving some babies? Absolutely!just wait till they get Little bigger if you dont have fish. With fish you may need to more the mama.
Jmay, what kind of crawfish are those?
those are marble self cloning crayfish i believe and they do not tend to be aggressive towards their babies many even let the babies grow in the same tank as their parents. background on these crays: their whole species of crays are all females and clone themselves to have eggs no breeding is occurred. they get about 6 inches more or less the max. they eat almost anything especially plants and low chance of cannibalism. they tolerate wide ranges of water parameters and they are so easy people bred them in buckets easily!!!!
and if that is not a marbled self cloning crayfish then i typed all that for no reason and i need to research more about my fish and inverts

Thanks for your responses everyone! They are just standard brown crawfish. I have a male and a female and they actually mated with each other. Do I need to remove them? It's a species only tank, other than the rosy red feeders.

Mines berried too. Are these going to live? Thee eggs seem odd not sure if it's the right color or not!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392078300.634970.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392078317.321448.jpg

How do I help them survive if these eggs do hatch?!

try craigslist.com, a lot of times you can find people either selling their tank that will sell you the rock or are breaking their tanks up. I found lots of rock on there when I was looking, and you can usually find some good, already cycled stuff.

Haha I dont think she is berried anymore! Looks like she is carrying babies!

Oh that's be amazing. But I've read they turn into little canniballs when the babies are born.. Is that true?

Yikes I don't want that. How log do u think I have? I got her when she was just starting the berried stage. Had her about two and a Half weeks now

Seems mine ate almost all hers hae three left I could see but now have another newly berried so I'll keep track this time.

Back
Top Bottom