Water parameters for shrimp breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legit Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i am planning to keep and breed some neo caridina species of shrimps. im thinking carbon rilis and yellow shrimp for two different tanks. i have been breeding and started with the taiwan bees with ease i was thinking is the water fine to be at 6.6 ph for the carbon rili and yellow shrimps to breed in or is it to low ?

so i am planning to keep and breed some neo caridina species of shrimps. im thinking carbon rilis and yellow shrimp for two different tanks. i have been breeding and started with the taiwan bees with ease i was thinking is the water fine to be at 6.6 ph for the carbon rili and yellow shrimps to breed in or is it to low ?

With neos ph is not terribly important. Most important is dissolved calcium. I believe it is measured in gh and you want at least 3 ppm.

ok thank you godfan i was thinking they were going to die at taiwan bee parameters

I think it will be fine. Neos have been bred in captivity so much they are sorta like most fish and pretty adaptable as long as they have calcium.

With neos ph is not terribly important. Most important is dissolved calcium. I believe it is measured in gh and you want at least 3 ppm.

Kh is what tells you how much calcium (carbonate hardness) is in your water. A level of 4 is generally suitable for fish and plants BUT some of the more delicate shrimp may need more specific levels so I suggest researching the specific type of shrimp your wanting to keep.

Kh is what tells you how much calcium (carbonate hardness) is in your water. A level of 4 is generally suitable for fish and plants BUT some of the more delicate shrimp may need more specific levels so I suggest researching the specific type of shrimp your wanting to keep.

I always get kh and gh confused lol

Back
Top Bottom