What are PFR Cherries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep you got it. That's a PFR. Apparently they're the best. lol.

sex

was that right? or are they male and female. Hope I didn't fail the test!!!

these are both females.

one is red cherry and other is painted fire reds.

See the difference in color intensity?

Painted fire red males are very nice also. Unfortunately I do not have any to show you at the moment.

They are actually both nice looking. I do like the PFR more. MABJ- Yup the best I think.

My lfs is getting yellow shrimp Tuesday! They are the same variety as PFR?

Yes, Cardinia species shrimp won't.

I got my PFRs today. There's only one true PFR , im not really satisfied with my order, tho :/

Yes, Cardinia species shrimp won't.

I got my PFRs today. There's only one true PFR , im not really satisfied with my order, tho :/

Sad, but at those prices what'd u expect? They were not even sold as PFRs :p
We have LFS here selling high end reds as Pfr and suckers who don't know buy them sadly.

shrimpbako said:
Sad, but at those prices what'd u expect? They were not even sold as PFRs :p
We have LFS here selling high end reds as Pfr and suckers who don't know buy them sadly.

I'll breed my own strain ;).

They were advertised as fire reds.

What do the baby shrimps look like when they cross breed?
And I was thinking of adding tigers or blue pearl to my tank later on. Will they cross breed?

Cross breeding

What do the baby shrimps look like when they cross breed?
And I was thinking of adding tigers or blue pearl to my tank later on. Will they cross breed?

Tigers will not. Blue pearls will and what usually comes out from different strains is that it'll revert back to wild colors.

Well there is an industry standards but some LFS just rip ppl off

Well there is an industry standards but some LFS just rip ppl off
I dont think there is for most of the newer strain variants. With crs there's a loose grading system to refer to but with the designer rcs strains lots of people have a different idea of what constitutes a fire /painted/sakura/painted fire shrimp. I made an example earlier with chili endlers, that strain has many different names and qualifiers that vary depending on who you are speaking to.

I hope your shrimp color up as they get settled in. In the future get an actual recent photo of the stock you order so WYSIWYG.

Just curious since we are talking about grading systems. Do fish have grading systems? Such as CPDs? Cause I have seen pics where some CDPs have more red on their fins than others. And some aren't even red at all.

Paulcm10 said:
Just curious since we are talking about grading systems. Do fish have grading systems? Such as CPDs? Cause I have seen pics where some CDPs have more red on their fins than others. And some aren't even red at all.

I'm sure that's just the lighting. It could also be breeding time. There are grading for certain fish, like Apistos and Endlers. But that's about it I think

Edit: Jeta makes a good point about reputable dealers

Oh okay. Thanks mab!

And yah jeta does make a good point but how do u know if some are reputable or not? :p

also i don't know if it is the lighting when i saw the video of my CPDs.
check it out though its on aqua bid just look up Celestial pearl danio and click on one by mgamer. the video should be on there.

It depends If they're colored up or not, when colored up they're a dark black with white pearls on their body and have that red fin. Absolutely Stunning! When not colored up, they're whole body is a pale color. When I feed high quality Food such as BBS or live daphnia, they tend to color up much more.

Back
Top Bottom