What are PFR Cherries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
What is PFR Cherry?

A local guy here has red Cherries regular ones I guess. for $1.00 each (from Denver CL) better deal for quantity, says he has several hundred. Just saw it today. If you look at them do they look good?

That is a cool looking tank and nice setup. Good value shopping, nice!

Just a color variation. More desirable colors is all :). They are all RCS.

jetajockey said:
Just another name. People like to put names on different strains of fish/inverts to make them seem more interesting. I think the painted fire reds are the same as the sakuras.

I've actually seen people refer to them differently as well. They are grades. Like S, SS, SSS or CRS.

It goes, as I've seen, RCS, Sakura, PFRs

So what is the difference between a Sakura and painted fire red, fire engine, and taiwan fire shrimp? I know the difference between crystal shrimp grades, but grading is based on a system, these are completely different names that come from different breeder groups in the same way that you can find weird local name variants at LFS with certain fish species.

jetajockey said:
So what is the difference between a Sakura and painted fire red, fire engine, and taiwan fire shrimp? I know the difference between crystal shrimp grades, but grading is based on a system, these are completely different names that come from different breeder groups in the same way that you can find weird local name variants at LFS with certain fish species.

No I think Sakura and Taiwan are the same, and fire engine is just dumb lol.

I've seen people describing them like grades is all. With Painted being the highest (deepest and most complete red) and RCS being the lowest.

I personally don't know. I'll let you know once I've owned them all lol.

CRS are typically graded in a consistent manner. RCS get called all sorts of names to help sell them. Even among my Normal Cherries I get some good color. If I consistently culled for color I'd have Fire Reds also.

Yeah :p It is all about color. Really, I think they are just the highest culled shrimp. :)

I hope to cull for color and sell the offspring :p

I think the main point was that there isn't a standard grading like with crs. One man's painted fire is another man's sakura and so on. I see it frequently on wholesale lists.

Another example is hi red, cherry, fire, scarlet and chili endlers.

Oh. Yeah you're definitely right. I just was commenting on what I read. There certainly is no 'grading' system. I guess just be sure to buy from someone who is very trustworthy, eh?

So true. Even aquabid is scary sometimes. Its where I'm trying to get my shrimp, currently.

Even there your earlier points have been demonstrated.

I'll eventually get an inexpensive set of some 'completely red' cherries.

No I think Sakura and Taiwan are the same, and fire engine is just dumb lol.

I almost choked laughing at that!!!

So as I was thinking in part just names based on color not specie, although one could argue color differences in breeding make a different variant!

Soooooo confusing, but it is clearing up some thanks.

I think Jeta summarized it pretty well. Glad you found the humor ;p

I personally don't know. I'll let you know once I've owned them all lol.[/QUOTE]

Would you hurry up? ! I need the information now so I can buy some shrimp!!! lol

Ok what I am trying to see also is how do I know which variety I am getting plus which quality.

He's calling them "Super Red" and in the pic some are red and some don't seem fully colored, but maybe because they are young yet.

So I should pick out the ones I like the best, deep red is desirable?

Omg, lol you've definitely bred off a strong line. Do you sell? Last time I checked you were plum out lol.

Thanks everyone, Jeta point taken, on seeing them, I can actually go to the shrimp and look at them and pick out what I want.

They are $1.00 each or better deal for quantity. Whatever that means.

Now am I looking for fire engine red color shrimp with no other color on it? or what?

Back
Top Bottom