What’s wrong with my mystery snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaela032

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I’m new here so forgive me if I don’t post this in the right place but I need some help and advice from people who know about mystery snails. About 2 months ago I got some guppy’s and 2 snails. My guppy’s had babies and I moved the babies to a separate tank. While doing this I noticed my black snail, (his name is Pete) wasn’t acting how he usually acts and his shell looks like it has lost some color. I was thinking the water levels weren’t right but my pink snail (her name is rose) was acting just fine! So I put Pete into the non medicated baby tank and he instantly was back to his normal self. When I woke up this morning he was climbing on the plants and just hanging out.(the guppy fry and Pete love each other btw) but around 2pm he started acting funny again and now he’s hanging out of his shell a little bit and hasn’t moved since. It’s currently 930pm. I’ve smelled his shell and he does NOT smell rotten and he responds to touch. Does anybody have ANY idea as to what could possibly be wrong? (See attached image of Pete from an hour ago)

Attachments

• D9603685-E032-4EB1-B4CC-8AA70EC81753.jpg
    D9603685-E032-4EB1-B4CC-8AA70EC81753.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 28
You said you put him in the non medicated tank, was he previously in a medicated tank and if so what medication?

I recently moved snails between tanks with no acclimation because all my tanks have similar parameters, but they definitely sulked for a bit after moving even so.

Are the parameters between tanks similar? What are they for both tanks?

Back
Top Bottom