What type of baby do I have?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beginning

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have bamboo and amano shrimp. At least one of them had babies and now there’s a bunch of fry. I assumed they were Amano but a lot of them are very pink and I’m worried there’s a possibility they’re actually bamboo? I assumed they were pink from food originally. I’m hoping there amano because there’s no way I have room for that many bamboo shrimp.

Also, any help with shrimp fry would be helpful. I have them with neon tetras but have relocated any fish that pose a threat. The neon tetras have left them alone completely.

Attachments

• F8EB1E6E-197C-4255-8F82-319CD86E1281.jpg
    F8EB1E6E-197C-4255-8F82-319CD86E1281.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 32
  • D7858F86-76DA-4A80-A3CB-FFED08C2B32A.jpg
    D7858F86-76DA-4A80-A3CB-FFED08C2B32A.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 27
These look like Cherry Shrimp. They may have come in a group of plants or as teeny babies with other shrimp.

Amano shrimp and Bamboo shrimp need brackish to saltwater for the larvae to develop.

Amano shrimp will be seen to be berried and some people have reported success but it is possible they are actually a different type of shrimp very similar to the Amanos, or some varieties which have adapted to breeding in FW, which would be great to have!

Bamboo shrimp bodies look much different than Cherry Shrimp, Neocaridina Davidi.

These look like regular Cherry shrimp! Fun bonus.

Back
Top Bottom