What veggies and fruit can I feed my shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I like to feed my shrimp a range of foods and was wondering what veggies and fruits can I feed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like to feed my shrimp a range of foods and was wondering what veggies and fruits can I feed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed blanched spinach, kale, cucumber, butternut squash, pumpkin, courgette, pears, apples, peas, broccoli, bean sprouts and banana. :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

+1 to all of those mentioned! Quite fun seeing a shrimp swarm on a blanched spinach leaf!

You can feed all of those foods to your shrimp but it's extremely important to remove freshly prepared foods like those from the aquarium at MOST 2 hours after you put it in or you're risking fouling the water and losing shrimp.

If you want to vary the diet, there are a lot of different shrimp pellets with different compositions that you can buy and they hold up a lot better in the tank. I recommend Shirakura Ebi Dama and Han's Pellet food. The shrimp are also eating the biofilm, algae, and microfauna in the tank and are likely already getting a complete diet with those unless you are breeding a lot of shrimp.

Oh and don't forget some mineral stones or cuttlebone to complete their nutrition. Molting problems will pop up over time without this.

I feed blanched spinach, kale, cucumber, butternut squash, pumpkin, courgette, pears, apples, peas, broccoli, bean sprouts and banana. :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Back
Top Bottom