why are mts out during the day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was told I won't even see any of my mts during the day when the lights are turned on but they are all out and I don't know why cause I tested my water and everything is fine.

When I bought mine they stayed out too for a while, but now I never see them :)

I'm guessing thats normal. I just don't like seeing them all out like that haha. Hopefully they go away soon. How long did your take till u don't see them anymore?
I've had mine a litlte over 2 months and when I first got them I didn't see any of them at all. Now I see them all out!

Paulcm10 said:
I'm guessing thats normal. I just don't like seeing them all out like that haha. Hopefully they go away soon. How long did your take till u don't see them anymore?
I've had mine a litlte over 2 months and when I first got them I didn't see any of them at all. Now I see them all out!

I,ve had mine for 3 months & they,ve finally disappeared into the sand. As long as your paras are fine it's nothing too worry about they,ll soon go back into the substrate, they obviously feel safe to come out in your tank, mine are in with my betta, that's probably why mine have hid lol

Hmmm that could be it cause I only have mts rcs and ottos in the tank haha!

Yah I thought my water quality is bad but I'm so understocked that my ammonia nitrite nitrate were all 0ppm. So I had to get some ottos to get my nitrate up for my plants.
But everything was fine.

As long as they don't actually try and leave the water you shouldn't need to be worried about water quality. I have some snail(still babies so hard to tell) that are most likely mys and they dont burrow very much either.

Back
Top Bottom