Will ramshorn snails eat cilantro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Krabs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know that ramshorn snails eat dying and decaying plant matter. However I'm not entirely familiar with what their favorites are. I had a bunch of cilantro that was going bad and I thought that I would put it in the tank and see how they liked it. Do you guys think they'll end up eating the cilantro or is it just a waste of time?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Have never tried? I will be interested to see if anyone has.

Or you could just toss a bit in and see if they go crazy for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I see what I think? Might be nibble spots on the stem

Hard to tell, but it looks like they appear to be eating it. There's a lot more egg sacs so I'm assuming they're getting nutrition from somewhere. Currently the only food that's been in there for the past few days has been the cilantro.

Hard to tell, but it looks like they appear to be eating it. There's a lot more egg sacs so I'm assuming they're getting nutrition from somewhere. Currently the only food that's been in there for the past few days has been the cilantro.

Your playing with fire there. I had to spend 3 months of hunting and tearing down my tank to get rid of rams horns that were breeding out of control. Hope they are in a separate tank....

Ramshorn only tank =)

What are you feeding them to?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not. A lot of people want my blue ramshorn snails, so i figured I'd breed them.

I had 3 stunning hot pink ramshorns. And then the next day I had hundreds. Lol. At least it seemed that way. Some of their offspring were dark but not really blue. I tried feeding them to my fish but none of them seemed interested.

I'm not sure why people want them, but if they want I shall provide.

I have a bumper crop of my pink/purple mystery snails at the moment. I am always surprised at how many of these little buggers come out of one of the egg clutches. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467083330.858799.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467083356.661048.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467083434.255515.jpg

I have fake fish in here just for fun.

Back
Top Bottom