Wiped out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tqy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 5 gallon pond snail culture in a bucket that has recently been wiped out by some kind of worm. There is literally only one lone survivor unfortunately. I transferred the lone survivor into a smaller bucket, cleaned out the 5 gallon and filter with bleach and hot water and filled it up with new clean water and out the lone survivor in.

My questions are as follows:

1) Will the snail survive? It's in clean water alone in the 5 gallon bucket but he might've carried the worms along with him.

2) Will it still reproduce? I have a juvenile figure 8 puffer with an infinite appetite for snails.

3) How much food do you feed your snail cultures? I'm also considering that the worms were detritus worms and maybe I over fed the culture and killed the snails by feeding too much ( I feed 3 small Hikari wafers every 2 days and change 50% every week )

4) Also any good alternatives for snails ?(something to wear down the puffer's teeth) I'm currently using frozen cubes of blood worms for him to chip at and freeze dried krill. Is that enough to wear down his teeth?

Thanks in advance :)

Hmm but I really need a substitute to wear down the puffer's teeth [emoji20] I guess I'll try to get a new batch of pond snails. Meanwhile, does anyone know any good food alternatives to wear down the puffer's teeth?

Hmm interestingly enough I found 4 batches of eggs on the filter today. I might just wait for the eggs to hatch instead of going to the fish shop. Kinda cool that one snail managed to lay so many eggs in such a short amount of time [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom