Any suggestions on a reliable waterfall pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ravn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Urghhh....I turned on my 1500 gph waterfall pump and guess what...it has a mind of its own. It keeps starting and stopping and this is the one hooked to my uv filter so it's very important! Anyone have any suggestions on a reliable pump? I've not even had this one 1 year, it's a Beckett submerged, one of those that has no oil and is water cooled. I'm so upset. Any suggestions? I'm calling the company over the warranty but I don't want to encounter this problem again. Thanks in advance!

Well, Laguna makes good pumps. They are supposed to have very long lives. I use a Rio pump in my pond, no complaints there, except that i have heard some stories about how rio isnt a good name.

Laguna Max-flo pumps are probably the best.

I had been looking at the Laguna pumps but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info!!

I designed my pond with a Rule Gold 1500gph bilge pump. I've been using it for a year and it still works like a champ. It only cost $86.

Well, I ended up buying a Laguna Max-Flo 1500. So far its been great. The cage around it has kept it from getting clogged so far and it connects easily to the Laguna Pressure flo canister filter I already had. I'm thinking now though that I need to get another canister filter and pump because my water is a light tea color and I can't get it cleared up. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Back
Top Bottom