Beautiful Backyard Garden & Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayna

Aquarium Advice Regular
My boyfriend and his parents spent all summer turning their backyard into a beautful garden with a pond.

At first they got an estimate of the amount of dollars it would take to do their backyard and the estimate was $36,000 CND Dollars. So they decided to do all the work themselves and I think it turned out perfect.

When all was said and done, the total amount to do this themselves was just over $5000 CDN Dollars.

They hand picked and hauled back all the rocks from Northern Ontario in their truck and trailer.

The work isn't completly finished in the photos. The bark isn't in place nor is the bridge.

Here are the pictures.

pond1.jpg

pond2.jpg

pond3.jpg

pond4.jpg

pond5.jpg

pond6.jpg

pond7.jpg

pond8.jpg

pond9.jpg

Great pictures!! I know nothing about ponds, so I had a couple of questions.

Will they be putting fish in there? Because to me, it doesn't look very deep. How deep is it?

Its about 2 feet deep. Not sure how many gallons.

They put 4 gold fish in there when the pond was complete (July). When they took the fish out at the end of summer (Sept), the fish were 3 times the size they were when they put them in.

5000 CDN for all of the landscaping too? Thats incredible! Can't wait to see pictures after it clears up in the spring time!

AngelFishFan said:
5000 CDN for all of the landscaping too? Thats incredible! Can't wait to see pictures after it clears up in the spring time!

Yup. They did everything, pond, landscaping, stone sidewalks....

Very nice!

As you have shown here, you can save a lot of money if you do it yourself!

It looks great, but over time they may find that rock bottom very difficult to keep clean. Debris will likely accumulate between all the rocks, and it is not easy to remove.

I've had my pond for many years now, and the amount of stuff that builds up on the bottom never ceases to amaze me, no matter how much I try to keep out with nets and cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom