blackbanded sunfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheXman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I'm looking for anyone that raises blackbanded sunfish (Enneacanthus chaetodon) and willing to sell some to me.

Must be captively raised, I want to see evidence that you raise them when I purchase them because I would feel terrible if someone took them from the wild.

I saw old threads that said a man named Frank in Maryland was raising them years ago. AND he used this forum. Anyone know who this is?

I have a swamp behind my house with small spring fed stream that never stops, lots of vegetation, cool water, deep enough holes.

I'd like to see if I could establish them and it would be cool to get a native fish back.

I wanted to write this in the classified area, but this forum won't let me since I'm a few months old.

I am in Maryland. I would prefer to get in MD or a nearby state that I could drive to.

thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to the community.

I just sent you a PM with some possibilities. And info about posting in Classifieds.

Also just be sure to find out if it is alright to reintroduce the fish to a natural waterway. Sometimes it matters and sometimes when it is your own land it doesn't.

Good luck in finding them and having native fish back in a natural body of water! It sounds ideal.

Hi,
A person in North or South Carolina contacted me in the fall, said he could mail some, but my interest had already moved on. So I told him no thank you.

I just tried to find his contact information in my email using search words and can't find it anywhere. I figured I might post for others.

But I can't find it, I'm sorry.

I'm not interested in these fish anymore. Please no one contact me about this. I forgot to add this to this thread when I found out the thread can't be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom