Carrots for goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I want to feed my goldfish carrots but I don't k ow how to serve or cook them. Any tips on cooking other vegetables for fish would be great also.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Some fish like zucchini :) just make sure to wash the skin first just like if you were going to eat it. And do really small pieces to see if they like it first.

Can't say about carrots not sure.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g tetras/dojo loach/clown pleco
~75g going to be African cichlids

My guys (girls) get a veggie mix daily including carrots, peas, spinach and broccoli. Seasonally, they also get additional veggies such as zucchini, cucumber, asparagus, various dark green/purple lettuces, sweet peppers, etc. Fruits occasionally as well such as oranges, tangerine, berries, melon and other soft fruits. I generally use either frozen and defrosted veggies or fresh veggies that are slightly cooked to soften. Some things such as broccoli or cauliflower florets (flower part), I toss in stuck in a clip. Other veggies are pureed and added or pureed and made into veggie cubes with gelatin. A garlic press works well too for smooshing tough veggies into tiny bits for eating. Bags of frozen, steamable veggies are handy and can be cooked and kept in a container in the fridge for a couple of days.

When trying new things, give everyone a chance to try things a couple of times before giving up. New foods can be a bit daunting when they have not been exposed to them before and sometimes takes awhile for them to realize its something yummy (and healthy). Just skip the heavy starches (corn, potatoes, etc) and spicy things. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions! :)

I would clean thoroughly, slice thin and blanch in boiling water for 30-40 sec. and that should do it. They love peas that are blanched. My crayfish also love this stuff.

I've just given my goldies cauliflower for the first time. All they seem to be doing with the one floret I gave them. Is playing with it pulling it apart. Eating then spitting it out and having fun making a right mess

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've took the stem out. But will leave the other particles for a few hours see if they hoover up the mess lol

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom