CPds breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a breeding group of cpds. That is all... I was feeding and noticed mini torpedoes zipping around. Cool stuff

I have a breeding group of cpds. That is all... I was feeding and noticed mini torpedoes zipping around. Cool stuff

Very nice! I've heard a lot of people end up breeding them on accident. Do you plan on raising any of the fry? I had a friend that raised them with the parents and actually ended up with 21 fish from that batch.

Im going to let them do their thing. The tank is well established, Heavily planted, lots of nourishment for the fry. The reason I got them in the first place was when the guy scooped me out a bunch of feeder snails he got, what was thought to be, a molly fry. Ended up being a cpd, thing was tiny, didnt feed anything special, little fella found all the bugs he needed, grew very fast. Problem is the 3 pea puffers in the tank :/

Im going to let them do their thing. The tank is well established, Heavily planted, lots of nourishment for the fry. The reason I got them in the first place was when the guy scooped me out a bunch of feeder snails he got, what was thought to be, a molly fry. Ended up being a cpd, thing was tiny, didnt feed anything special, little fella found all the bugs he needed, grew very fast. Problem is the 3 pea puffers in the tank :/

Haha that’s a nice bonus fish to get with a scoop of feeder snails! Those pea puffers could give the CPD fry some trouble for sure. They can be spunky little guys. CPDs are definitely a fish I’ve been wanting to give a try for a while now but I want to make sure I can dedicate a species tank to them before a I pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom