Fin/tail rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rke79

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

I've had two fan tail orandas for a few years now. In the past few days one has passed away from what looks like fin/tail rot.

The water has been tested and is good, the remaining oranda is perfectly healthy.

I was wondering if it safe to introduce a replacement oranda into the tank with the other or would they fight.
The originals were bought as a pair.

As for the general fish getting along part of the question, it will really just depend upon if the fish like each other / get along. Sometimes they hate each other, some time best friends.

If you can think back to the fish personality, is the remaining fish more aggressive / most curious of the 2, leader as they swim. Or the follower, less curious. Try to find the opposite, of the remaining fih, or if the remaining fish is the follower possibly another follower to see if they have more chill behaviour and can get along alright.

And check out the link in my signature for getting started, regarding the nitrification cycle and having a good BB / beneficial bacteria to maintain healthy fish.

What size is the tank, filtration and the fish size? If you started another thread in unhealthy fish, please add those details there.

Back
Top Bottom