Fungal infection in commons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaggstAa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have over the past few weeks noticed a problem with some of my common goldfish; two of them in particular you can see all the red blood vessels in their tails, and it is also accompanied by a white fuzz on some spots. I read online that this is normally due to water quality and that it should solution itself upon water changing and conditioning/cleaning of the water. I changed almost half of the tank's water, cleaned and conditioned everything thoroughly, and tested the levels again a few hours thereafter. Everything was fine except the water was a bit acidic. I went away for a week and left them in the care of my brother-in-law, and today came and tested the water levels again, and the levels have remained relatively the same except the carbonate hardness has somehow gone from 4 degrees to 3, and the pH is very low, like around a 6-6.2 ? the blood vessels and fuzzy spots on the two fish are even more than before, but it has not spread to a of the others, and everyone seems to be feeling fine, but of course I know they cannot continue to live in those conditions. Any suggestions on what to do? I can't imagine how after changing almost half the water that it is so acidic!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom