Glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463043989.547885.jpg

I moved into a house with this little pond. It's adorable but it was obviously put in incorrectly. The liner tub shows. The ugly black liner is holding water but again it shows. The cords show. And I have been told it would be a major undertaking to fix it. So after doing research I have decided to glue rocks to the liner. I am planning a chicken wire box with rocks glued to it to hide the filter. I think I've considered my project to a tee but for one thing. What do I use for glue? I have read to use silicone, but in my indoor tanks silicone seems to wear off quickly and takes forever to cure. Any suggestions?

Congrats on the pond (and house)!
What to use as an adhesive? There is a black silicone-like product that is used for sealing rocks, streams, and waterfalls. At the moment the name escapes me. Hopefully someone will chime in with a name or brand. I don't know if it cures any faster than silicone used in aquariums.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Great Stuff Black Pond foam would be an alternative. Be careful however as water will wick through rocks and could potentially empty your pond.

Great Stuff Black Pond foam would be an alternative. Be careful however as water will wick through rocks and could potentially empty your pond.

Thanks! I'm not removing the liner or the pan, just gluing rocks on top for pretties. I'm excited now!!

Congrats on your new project!

As a sidenote JB Weld Marine is great to use on hard surfaces like tubs which can go in/under water if ever anything cracks, just an FYI.

as long as it's for adhering rocks to the outside liner not contacting water liquid nail would be the best to bond rock

Back
Top Bottom