Goldfish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceTheNoob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I've noticed that my goldfish have started to get really agitated around feeding time, chasing each other around the tank. The smallest one of the 3 gets bullied a lot :(

I feed them twice a day, once around noon (which is either veggies or goldfish flakes) and once around 5pm (which is always goldfish flakes).

I only feed them what they can eat within a few minutes because I don't want to over feed them.

But do they need to be fed more?? Am I under feeding them? They only act like this around feeding time, after they have eaten most of the food available. I always watch to make sure everyone gets something to eat.

Do I need to do anything different?

TIA!

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in, but with my little bit of aquarium experience I see the same thing.

People say goldfish, especially comets are dumb. Let me tell you, they know when they see you coming up to the tank that it’s probably feeding time lol

Mine go nuts, they’re literally swimming peacefully till you approach the tank then it just turns into a frenzy and the water starts boiling! I wouldn’t say they’re bullying each other but it’s definitely a full contact sport and they do smash into each other

Back
Top Bottom