goldfish questions ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Livvyk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, at the start of this year, I was given my mums friends goldfish. It lived in a 12 litre tank with no filter, heater or light (it lived on the bottom of a shelf that got no light whatsoever)for five years. I assumed by this that is was stunted.
The tank size I have is around 60 litres with heater, filter and light which still isn’t ideal I know, but I wasn’t expecting my mum to bring home a goldfish when she went to her mates for tea that day. We are hoping to get a larger tank soon however :)
I’ve realised however that it seems to have gotten bigger ? I can’t decide if it has actually grown or just gotten more healthy and plump or is it bloated ? as they did admit that they often forgot to feed it. I’ve never had a goldfish before and my mums only experience was keeping one in a bowl when she was 10. I was wondering if it’s possible for a 5year old stunted goldfish to grow if put in better conditions ?
It has also become a lot more golden, would that be because there’s something wrong with my water or is it natural ?
Does anyone know what type of goldfish it is ?
And is it a boy or a girl ?

Attachments

• 21B651C2-BCFD-491C-B63A-740FDE2D1E56.jpg
    21B651C2-BCFD-491C-B63A-740FDE2D1E56.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom