Goldfish upgrade planning and additions/and question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I currently have three fancy goldfish and a 38 gallon bow front aquarium. I know it's too small to contain the three and I am at that point where they will soon be moving into a 90 gallon aquarium. This gives me an opportunity to add two to three more fish though. And will give me a fully set up and ready quarantine tank for the newbies.

Here's my question for you all since I am had an internal conflict.
What do I want to add?
Currently the stock of the aquarium will be one chocolate fantail goldfish (pretty much a veil), two short fin red ryukin goldfish, and one BN pleco.

I do not believe in mixing long body single tailed goldfish with fancy goldfish so comets, shubunkin goldfish are out of the question... Etc.

What I'm thinking is either black ranchu or some calicos either fantail or ryukin.

What do you all think? [emoji848]

Also should I just stick with 2 more? That's how I'm leaning.

Current fish soon to be moved.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1601352378020_6716558684547995406.jpg

I like the Blue Oranda and also Red and white Ryukin, Red cap Oranda. Butterfly tail is so beautiful as well. Also love a tricolor Goldfish. Especially with White and yellow and red. Just know also, that they can change color surprisingly.

I like the Blue Oranda and also Red and white Ryukin, Red cap Oranda. Butterfly tail is so beautiful as well. Also love a tricolor Goldfish. Especially with White and yellow and red. Just know also, that they can change color surprisingly.
Oh yes I've had it happen before and it's happening now. It's slow but the bronze one is turning red. You can see it in the lightening of the belly and sides as well as the edges of the tail. Some white and orange can be seen there.
It won't change how much I love them though.
20210208_004431.jpg20210208_004359.jpg

Yours are beautiful, I love GF (and Koi) mostly any colors anyway!!!

What do you feed them?
I change it up. But mainly I feed a combination of cichlid omnivore pellets and algae wafers.
Sometimes I will fix up some Soilent Green or feed a few bloodworms.

Well I ordered a Red and white and two calico ryukin. I considered oranda but when I get down to it I like the ones without the wan better. They said they will try and ship next week. So when I get them I'll take some pictures. Might even do an unboxing video. I've never done one before.

Well I ordered a Red and white and two calico ryukin. I considered oranda but when I get down to it I like the ones without the wan better. They said they will try and ship next week. So when I get them I'll take some pictures. Might even do an unboxing video. I've never done one before.

That sounds very fun! Sometimes the wen gets too large and you can trim it. That is a bit why I do not want to have to attempt that or have them swimming around "blind".

A unboxing video sounds fun or at least some unboxing pics! (y) It is always apprehensively exciting to have something live arrive. Hope they all arrive perfectly!

That sounds very fun! Sometimes the wen gets too large and you can trim it. That is a bit why I do not want to have to attempt that or have them swimming around "blind".

A unboxing video sounds fun or at least some unboxing pics! (y) It is always apprehensively exciting to have something live arrive. Hope they all arrive perfectly!
Thank you. This will be my third shipment of fish this year. I'm redoing a lot of stuff and making a lot of changes in 2021.
The first two shipments contained angels and the two severums I have mentioned in another thread.

I figure if the Angels made it safe the goldfish should. Though I will say sometimes sellers can be misleading in what they send. One of my orders of angels was supposed to be veil angels and I ended up with standard fin. I'll still keep them and grow them out but I was a little disappointed.

Paying for shipping is something I dislike (weird cause they gotta get here some how) but I try hard as possible to not have to ship. We have some great breeders around me, someone nearby , a member of the Colorado Aquarium society just put up babies from Bulgarian Seal Point Greens. and Pinoy Ghost Angels (that posting is gone so someone got some cool fish) and I was practically drooling. lol

It can be really hard to find certain fish of good quality. I pass by tanks at big box stores and see Koi which are most often the saddest specimens and look like misshapen culls. So I will pay for shipping sometimes - for good stuff :) .

Paying for shipping is something I dislike (weird cause they gotta get here some how) but I try hard as possible to not have to ship. We have some great breeders around me, someone nearby , a member of the Colorado Aquarium society just put up babies from Bulgarian Seal Point Greens. and Pinoy Ghost Angels (that posting is gone so someone got some cool fish) and I was practically drooling. lol

It can be really hard to find certain fish of good quality. I pass by tanks at big box stores and see Koi which are most often the saddest specimens and look like misshapen culls. So I will pay for shipping sometimes - for good stuff :) .
Unfortunately there is no breeders I know of around me. Except for convict cichlids which are a dime a dozen... literally you can't give those things away they breed so fast. Lol

There is one small family store within an hour of me that sometimes has decent stock but they cater more to life breeders and beginner fish than cichlids and specialty fish.
Other than that I just have the two most common big chain stores around.

back when I lived at a different property I had a huge pond that I had stocked with koi. Some was 2 ft or a little better long. but then a family of otters come through and wiped out the entire population within a couple of days. I was so mad!

My fish have been delayed forever! Lol
I understand why with this crazy weather but still I'm impatient lol.

I will definitely be doing an unboxing video for them. Hopefully they will come this week.

Understandable to be excited in anticipation and bummed out they didn't already get there. But also glad for you they didn't end up in that mess of paralyzing weather.

Understandable to be excited in anticipation and bummed out they didn't already get there. But also glad for you they didn't end up in that mess of paralyzing weather.
Definitely! I would be dieing if they where lost in the mail due to this cold weather.

Still nothing from the seller. They are lots and lots of positive reviews though. Hoping it's just backlog and they will ship out soon.

You can imagine how many problems there would be keeping 100 orders on hold plus all the new orders, could be more or less, being out of order and stacked up to get out and safely. Praying for good safe arrival. It's upsetting wondering what's going on - Personal experience, I know how it is.

You can imagine how many problems there would be keeping 100 orders on hold plus all the new orders, could be more or less, being out of order and stacked up to get out and safely. Praying for good safe arrival. It's upsetting wondering what's going on - Personal experience, I know how it is.
Yes I understand that 100%
I'll be in that boat before long lol
I plan on opening an eBay store next year. Mainly for plants but plan to sale some fish if I can get them to breed.

But.... They where shiped today! Should be here Friday.

Back
Top Bottom