How much does a pond setup cost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chikadee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just out of curiosity... I want to convince my parents to build one, but need to give them a good estimate of all costs involved. That includes all materials, livestock, plants, decorations, labor, etc etc... WHat's a good ball-park estimate?

Thanks!

You may also give us your budget range as well; since you generally can make
any size pond expensive or moderate priced....depending upon what you want.
i.e. Waterfalls, UV's, fountains....on and on.

Bernie

lol a talking lighthouse lol.. sry just got the idea has nuttin to do with topic though

yeah a 100 gallon premade (which we just got) is about 70$ online and at our store. i didnt want to tell my mom i wasnt as satisfied with this pond as i could of been. i suggest you get the pond liner. which is more work but it looks alot better and its alot cheaper and you can shape it yourself.

well, besides the liner you are going to need a pump and filter. These can easliy cost toward $100 a piece. A found a guy a ebay selling them for a lot cheaper http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46310&item=4301022268&rd=1
go to this and view his other pump/filter combos. Dont worry that not my stuff, it just looks like a really good deal. Also, if you want a waterfall, you will need another pump. You will need something around your pond to cover the black, whether it be plants, gravel, rocks, bricks, etc. If you get rocks, it can also be in the $50-100 range. there is also pond plants, fish, food, dechlorinator, nets, piping, and many more things that will add up up. You can easily spend $500-750 just getting this pond to look nice. My advice, join any pond society in your area, and see if people there having extra equipment, fish, or plants they are willing to sell to you. Also check ebay and your newspaper for good deals. Last, the ultimate money-saver is finding pet stores going out of buisness and garage sales. Hopefully you will be able to use this advice, get lucy, and make a pond that wont burn a hole in your pocket. HTH!

Back
Top Bottom