how to hide the liner on a preformed pond?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glassbird

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one (soon to be two) preformed ponds. The one that is currently installed looks great as long as the water level is all the way up, but if it goes down a few inches the rigid black plastic liner becomes visible and I have to drag out the hose.

I have been considering a product called "Rock on a Roll" which looks like a flexible liner but is rock colored...however, its expensive, and I am cheap! What else could I do? I am thinking about using silicone to "glue" rocks or pebbles along the top 5-6 inches. That might work, but will the silicone hold, especially with the harsh winters that we have in New England? Or maybe I could use the synthetic rock veneers that people use to reface an ugly fireplace. I have seen that item on TV...its supposed to be lighter than rock...price could be an issue, but I have not looked into it yet. And there is still the question of "glue"...

I can't be the only person to have this issue...

Suggestions, anyone? Thanks!
CT

The edge is ringed with rocks, so the top rim is not the issue. And by mid-summer I have enough hyacinths to cover most of the problem. But none of this covers the top 4-6 inches that is revealed when the water level drops earlier in the season. I can certainly just keep topping it off, and all-in-all it is a minor issue. I just think that there must be some sort of attractive solution...

I think I will look into the fake stone veneers. I don't need a large amount, so even if they are pricey it might work. But this is a question of "glue", too. Silicone is pretty tough stuff. And if it gets loose, I can always peel it off and try something else next year, I suppose.

Anyone else with an idea?

ditch the preformed and get a PVC or similar liner is all i can say i have build a few of both and ill tell yea preformed is never the answer. but if thats not an option id go with trying floating plants the tend to do a good job of distracting the eyes away from the liner

Back
Top Bottom