I am so excited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lori_z3a

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally after months and months of waiting and looking I got the phone call. My pure black butterfly koi is in - can hardly wait till tomorrow to pick it up ,plus I here there is another one as well and it is black and white - still no word on my pure white one yet but it is a start.

Good thing that the quarentine tank is still all set up - and the water condition is all go -

even picking up my loaches that are finally in as well
2 - kuhli loaches / 2 red tail zebra loaches / 2 golden dojos / 1 weather loach already have 1 just need to pair it up- I am making a loach tank - just for loaches - should be a very clean tank given what loaches do best (clean up under gravel )

Wonder if loaches get along with koi ?maybe I can split up the loaches and use them as a clean up crew for koi ?

YIPEE Lori :)

Getting new fish is "always" exciting!!
I'm also looking at getting a few new fish. (either fancy goldfish ) or an assortment of 10 butterfly koi :)
What would you choose?
Good luck and be sure to post pictures!!

pondmom

sorry to say I did not buy the black koi - boo hoo was not ment to be - after they put it in a bag I noticed a big wound on its under belly and for the price I paid I was not going to chance it. The fish shop is great with a 30 day warrenty but they do not refund your money they only give you a store credit. I decided that I would wait some more for another one to come in - hopefully it will be in better shape.

If it was just cheap I would have tried to see if I could heal it but for over $50.00 in canadian that was to much of a risk for me. And hubby would freek - that is if he really knew what the price was for it.

Guess it was not ment to be - But I am very chosey on my black butterfly koi - and will be on my white one as well - that is why I like to see them up real close after they are bagged - easier and I find they do not move so much.

Oh wellback to the waiting game again.

Back
Top Bottom