Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question I just found two dead baby fish (goldfish) in my pond.

I thave small pond in my yard with two black moors, two calico goldfish and one fancytail goldfish. This morning I found my smaller moor and two babies floating. I am not sure where the babies came from and why the moor died. I don't think they were live births they seem too large for that, but at the same time I haven't seen any little things swimming around. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what happened.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Water temperature too high? What are the readings of your water tests?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are the baby fish goldfish?

theotheragentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So sorry to hear of your loss. Have you tested the water lately? Post the readings of your Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites, and anything else like temperature, along with the schedule of maintenance you perform on the pond, and I'm sure someone will be able to help identify the problem.
CatatonicBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

hmm ok we have a good sized pond out back and every spring afterthe water thaws (snow country) we seem to have at least one or two new fish we do sometimes lose some of the goldfish over winter as well. We have noticed from our fish that we can sometimes notice a fish or two as little little babies around aug or sept there is alot of plant cover atthat time of year and we may only seethem once or twice then come spring thaw we can see them and they are about as long as our pinkies (koi are longer than my forearm mature gold fish as long as my hand) we have had this pond running for about 7 1/2 years. Now gold fish and koi too will breed if there is enough room to allow more fish as well as growingto fit the size of the home they live in once they reach X size they will continue to grow but more slowly.
Nyrmel Neewbie extrodinary luvr of things furry, finny, or the color purple20 gallon planted 1 blueygray guppy, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail(bulldozer), 3 mollies tux,edo and spot(dalmation) unknown fry Warning I can't spell to save my life, & I tend to ramble... alot. Also an avid outdoor ponder with 5 koi and a dozen goldfish and wonderful assortment of plants
nyrmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babies, baby, baby fish, dead, goldfish, livebearer, pond

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com