My Blackbanded and Bluespotted sunfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MD John

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
118760-albums14805-picture72404.jpeg

Yes, everyone made it. Feeding is an issue. The blue spots will eat frozen foods. But the bbsf will only eat lives foods. Brine shrimp are a little bit of a ride for me. But I do have a culture of daphnia going. I hope to keep it going.

Both blackbanded’s are eating frozen blood worms. It took a while, I’m glad. They blue spots are eating like a pack of wolves. They definitely have a dominant one or two out of the seven and everyone keeps to their section of tank.

These are cool fish. I looked into getting some of these but I couldn’t find anyone that had them. Where did you get them from ? How much was shipping ?

I got the blue spots from Zimmerman’s Fish. Shipped from Ohio and it wasn’t expensive at all. Just don’t recall. He currently doesn’t have any. But has the ability to get both commercially.
The blackbanded’s came from a license breeder in Maryland, where I live. So I drove an hour or so to meet him at a Capital Ciclids club meeting where he sells fish. He can be found on Capital Ciclids forum. He does ship.
There’s also,
Sunfish for sale at Sachs Systems Aquaculture
And others.

Back
Top Bottom