New Coldwater Build for Pierce McBubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Outlaw!

All the Perameters are Dead On!!! All are doing Great!!! We now have 2 Shubunkin, 8 Boesmani Rainbowfish 2 Golden Dojo Loach and our last Fish in is a Japanese Weather Loach (speckled). Our 2 Golden Dojos Welcomed the Weather Loach to the tank within 5 minutes of his arival, rolling and laying up against him.... Instant Buddies!!!! :lol:

I wanted to get some Top Level Swimmers, but I do believe we are well stocked now and don't want to over do it in the 75g.

Pictures Coming Soon!!

New Loach

Agreewith the more dojo comment. They are very social animals and loaches always show there best behaviors in groups.

Hi Loachy Dancy,

I wanted to let you know that yesterday I finally found a Speckled Weather Loach. Within Minutes of acclimating him to the tank, Jin and Yuki were laying with him and they started all twisting around eachother!! They are Awesome!!!

Last edited:
Thank you em1981ma!

The dragon ornament is fab. Loaches are sooo great.

I have always wanted that Dragon since first seeing it at PS, but it was too big for the 10 gallon, but is Great for the 75g.

The Loaches are a Joy to have!! They found Eachother and Welcomed Eachother So Quickly and are so Happy Together!

New Addition

Sorry about the poor picture (more to come). This is Kiatsu (Japanese for "Atmospheric Pressure", which is what the Weather Loach is known to react to). Here he is in his little Acclimation Drip Tank, before introduction to Aquarium.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 66
New pics

Finally pulled out the camera and added the LED from my old 10 gallon tank for added light power.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 84
Awww his cute you are making me want to get a loach. But even when I upgrade to a 79gallon with four fancies I think I would only beable to get one loach and I think they do better with more than one. I like does golden loaches

All the Perameters are Dead On!!! All are doing Great!!! We now have 2 Shubunkin, 8 Boesmani Rainbowfish 2 Golden Dojo Loach and our last Fish in is a Japanese Weather Loach (speckled). Our 2 Golden Dojos Welcomed the Weather Loach to the tank within 5 minutes of his arival, rolling and laying up against him.... Instant Buddies!!!! :lol:

I wanted to get some Top Level Swimmers, but I do believe we are well stocked now and don't want to over do it in the 75g.

Pictures Coming Soon!!

Wow a new addition! Those guys are really cute the way they behave together. Of course you know they get big but you have a great sized tank so you should be fine :D.

You might get a bunch of WCMM any variety you prefer. Or some sweet Leopard or "volcano" I am not sure what their name is but they are less common and pretty red colored Danios, only heard about them not seen them personally. But I would wait a little while, making sure the prams stay good, and get the pet or nice quality WCMM ones not the feeders of course.

Happy to hear things are good!!!

Awww his cute you are making me want to get a loach. But even when I upgrade to a 79gallon with four fancies I think I would only beable to get one loach and I think they do better with more than one. I like does golden loaches

I have read to keep at least 3 to keep them active and that seemed to be the key!! The 2 Golden Dojo's would get together from time to time, but hung out and we're not very active. Added Kiatsu and they are all over the tank together And Seperately. Seem happier with 3. They are all the same species, the golds are just a color variation. They seemed to know eachother right away.

They are Very Peaceful and so cool!! I am just not sure of the total BioLoad with the 4 Fancy Tails.

Over Stocked?

:facepalm:

AqAdvisor shows that my tanks is Over Stocked!!! However, it said my Filtration was up to the task!! I know the Loaches get long and the Shubunkin get big, but I thought this was a good combo! Even without all of the Rainbows it stated that I was still over stocked...

Anyone know how accurate this is? And what it means?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 88
More info from aqadvisor Stocking Calculator

Warning: Water temperature requirements are not fully compatible between all selected species.
=> 77 - 86F: Boesemans Rainbowfish **I Believe this is Wrong, My research shows 72 - 77**
=> 50 - 77F: Dojo Loach
=> 50 - 77F: Weather Loach
=> 66.2 - 73.4F: Comet Goldfish
[Display in Celsius]
Recommended pH range: 7 - 7.8.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 12 dH.

Your aquarium filtration capacity is satisfactory.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 103%.Help on Filtration capacity
Recommended water change schedule: 45% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 124%

This is More info from aqadvisor

Last edited:
FREE Anubias Nana

An old friend of mine Blessed me with a Bucket Full of Anubias Nana!!! He was redoing his 75 gallon planted tank and had a Ton of leftover Anubias. He said it was ALL from 1 or 2 lfs Starters, years ago. They have thick healthy Rhizomes but most were covered in Nasty Algae... I took a very soft toothbrush and lightly brushed them while wet and ended up cutting out 10 really nice Starters. I planted the roots in the gravel, but as I have read, left the Rhizomes above gravel. I planted them up against my dragon and cave ornaments to secure them instead of tying them down to rocks or ornaments.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom