Pond help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woody390

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am currently looking at moving house and hopefully will be setting up a pond at my new house! I have kept turtles and saltwater tanks in the past but have no experience in ponds I'm guessing I need filtration of some kind and obviously a pond it's self but is there any other equipment I need and can I use normal water from a hose? Also I know I can keep goldfish and koi carp but I'd there much else for a pond in the uk? Thanks in advance

I'd suggest you take a look at The Pond Forum. There are members there from the UK as well as the US. What you can stock in a pond in the UK depends on where you are located there, and your yearly climate, as well as how deep your pond is, where it's sited on your land, etc.

And yes, the same fish who need dechlorinated water in aquaria also need it in a pond - so no, just using the water from a garden hose to fill and plop fish into will not work. Some people are able to top off large ponds with the garden hose with no dechlor, because the amount used to top off is so minor in comparison to overall pond volume.

Back
Top Bottom