Pond liner size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smittyjr18

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have read most of the post on the liner sizes but they are conflicting. I have layed out the pond size and it is 9' by 9' and will vary in dept from 1.5' to 2'. I have based all calutaions off of the 2' to give me a little extra. I have seen that i need a 15' by 15' liner and then i have read were to calculate it it would need 17' by '17 and then the one where it is calulated l(9+2) +9+1+1 = 22' wide and then the same for lenght. I need some help!!!!

Calcuation goes as follows, Length + 2x maxdepth + edging, so what you need is 9+4+edging, so the that is 13'x13' + edging, so that 15x15 looks like a pretty good low end number, though something a bit more like 16-17 might be a bit nicer.

Be sure you fold some ofthe extra liner under rather than cut it all off as you finish the edges.
Sometimes as they settle you need to let it out a little and if you cut it too close you can't do that and have to fill in under it.

Back
Top Bottom