TIny pond Dojo Loach & Heating/incoming winter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu305

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a small pond on my balcony about 20 gallons not sure if its even big enough to be considered a pond.
I have a juvenile Dojo Loach and 6 white cloud minnows I've owned since early spring in the small pond. (aware its little small)
I live in oregon where my grow zone is about 8 and we have some pretty cold winters but nothing below 25 F. Still cold enough to freeze up the whole pond. I have a basic top fin cartridge filter running on it keeping a decent flow.
I've looked into outdoor/pond heaters and they're all made for 1500 gallons +and regular aquarium heaters I heard can easly break because it works so hard keeping up with the dramatic outdoor temperature change.
Obviously it's so small I can just bring it inside for those weeks but there must be a way I can just ignore doing because they're all cold resistant fish.

My Ultimate question is any advice on how to keep my small pond from not freezing into ice?

Back
Top Bottom