Upgrade finally happened!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inkdork

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Several weeks ago, I lost my mind and ordered not 2, but 3 fancy goldfish for my 36g Bowfront.

Well, last Friday I made a deal and picked up a 75g with stand and lids for $180. The best part is it was only 15 minutes away!

I finished setting up and got lights on it this afternoon, and finally moved my babies over. They seem to love it!

Tank was cycled using filters from their 36g.

I went for a minimalist approach to decor, with 3 pieces of wood, a little sand, and some large (over an inch) smooth pebbles. Also some marimos.

I'm so happy with it and I'm glad they seem to be too.

https://youtu.be/cs7Ml790hk0

Link to video of them checking out their new digs!

The 36g will be a qt tank for a new goldfish and then will likely become a second community tank. Tonight I'm adding more sand to the 36g and seeing which plants the goldies didn't destroy.

I’m a craigslist nut. Always searching for tanks that I don’t have space for. But there are some serious deals out there.

Yeah I couldn't find anything nearby on CL but this was on the Facebook marketplace. She was asking $265 and I was like well... I can give you this instead.

Initially I had pulled the trigger on a 75 with stand from PetSmart but then had buyer's remorse and cancelled it before I even picked it up... Lol.

I did see a few better deals further away, but I didn't fancy hauling them for over an hour on the freeway in LA traffic so this was great for me.

Yeah. I guess they had that tank listed in the FB marketplace for months but it never came up in my searches before that. Either way, I'm super glad I have it and my goldies now have the tank they deserve!

Long time back I had been looking for a 46G bowfront and in checking and cross checking things, a 72G tank popped up but was way out of my budget. Then one day it popped up at half of the price it was for a few months and bam! I got a beautiful lightly used matched stand, tank and a $450 filter, sand and misc aquarium stuff for $200!!!!!

A friend of mine just got a fancy Goldie - soooo adorable, and I really love them too.

It will be fun to watch your little guys!

That's awesome! They're so pretty, even three comets. I love them all.

This little dude arrived this afternoon and it's in the 36g for the next two weeks, when he'll join the others in the 75g once I know he's healthy.

IMG_20200225_230259_644-1.jpg

I'm calling him or her Ziggy. When I unpacked the little guy, he was thrashing about in the bag and stressing horribly. Took him a few hours to settle down but he's doing well now.

Unpacking him was definitely the highlight of an otherwise crappy day.

He looks so small to me, but he's the same size my others were when I got them- which says they've really grown!

Dwaaa!

There's something adorable about his chubby not great for swimming body and his little tail. Like a big rollie pollie baby. I like his random stripe/smudge on the side too.

Back
Top Bottom