Wakin goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have a wakin and I was just wondering how big they get?
Since I have got the wakin has grown quite a lot. He/she is very active and healthy I am just thinking I may need a bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello I have a wakin and I was just wondering how big they get?
Since I have got the wakin has grown quite a lot. He/she is very active and healthy I am just thinking I may need a bigger tank.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just gonna be blunt and get right to the point. Do any research first ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

What's a Wakin? Never heard of that breed. Googles me friend. Gona look this up

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

Well, Wakin are like small Koi and can get to be quite large (up to 1' or a little more than that) They can be kept in tanks but are better suited for ponds. Although they are considered "fancy goldfish" they are more related to Comet Goldfish. I do not own any Wakin at the moment but if you want to keep him/her in a tank they should be kept in the largest tank you can buy. Probably in a 100 gallon tank at minimum. Keep in mind that they are goldfish and we all know how much waste they can make. Not to mention due to size they need lots of swimming room.

Well, Wakin are like small Koi and can get to be quite large (up to 1' or a little more than that) They can be kept in tanks but are better suited for ponds. Although they are considered "fancy goldfish" they are more related to Comet Goldfish. I do not own any Wakin at the moment but if you want to keep him/her in a tank they should be kept in the largest tank you can buy. Probably in a 100 gallon tank at minimum. Keep in mind that they are goldfish and we all know how much waste they can make. Not to mention due to size they need lots of swimming room.

I'm sorry but I'd really have to disagree on "small" and "Koi" being used in the same sentence. The average Koi can easily reach 16" and the properly cared for can easily measure out to 30". Anything but small. While raising young Koi, at the minimum of a 40g tank and preferably something with a larger base footprint instead of height in regards to total tank volume. Overwintering is possible but ONLY with adequate tank size and filtration.

I'm sorry but I'd really have to disagree on "small" and "Koi" being used in the same sentence. The average Koi can easily reach 16" and the properly cared for can easily measure out to 30". Anything but small. While raising young Koi, at the minimum of a 40g tank and preferably something with a larger base footprint instead of height in regards to total tank volume. Overwintering is possible but ONLY with adequate tank size and filtration.

I was talking about a very young and small koi. I realize adults can be quite large. I have 6 or 7 of them in my yard. I had to restock my pond since the blue herons ate all of my enormous koi! So sad...

Thanks everyone that has helped out heaps.
I think I will need a bigger tank or maybe a pond.

Back
Top Bottom