Zebra danio disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The1975Stormer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 2 danios a few weeks ago one zebra and the other was a leopard. I was told that they're temperate fish and will live happily in cold water and the fancy goldfish I already had in it wouldn't cause any problems. Since having them I've seen no problem, they started darting around the tank and acting normally as soon as I let them loose (my dad has a tropical tank with danios in it and they acted the same) my goldfish has never touched them or attempted to attack/eat them. Yesterday, I went out of the room the fish tank is in and all the fish was in there, when I returned a few minutes later, the zebra had disappeared, I moved the ornaments that were in there, checked inside them, filtered the gravel through my fingers and checked everywhere around the tank but I couldn't find him. None of the other fish could've ate him as it was only a few minutes and it couldn't have been swallowed as he was the biggest fish in the tank, my goldfish's body is 3-4cms long and the zebra was at least 6cms. He also couldn't have been sucked up through the filter as the filter is small but I checked there as well just in case. I've literally run out of options and started to get convinced that he's turned invisible as I've found no remains. Any ideas what's happened to it?

Either he got eaten, or he might have even jumped out. I had that happen to me. No idea how it happend because I have a good hood. But I woke up one morning and couldn't find one of my fish no matter how hard I tried. But there he was laying dead behind my tank. Maybe he did happen to jump out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom