African dwarf frog food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
What can I feed my African dwarf frog that is cheap and nutritious?

Sinking frog and tadpole food, they have it in the reptile section at most pet stores. I think the last little container I got for $3.99. But I mix it up and give my frogs frozen bloodworms and beefheart. For one frog a $3.99 container will last quite a while. A small pinch will be plenty. I feed my frogs once a day, though some say twice. And I give them the beefheart before a fast day. (It's like candy to them and it's super fatty.) Make sure you get the sinking kind.

Which store?

Either Petsmart or Petco, but my LFS has them too. If there's a reptile or exotic pet store near you, they'll likely have it. Amazon also, but it's more expensive. Zoo Med is the brand I get.

They're carnivores, so they also like mixed frozen carnivore stuff. And they LOVE frozen shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, beef heart. Avoid freeze-dried foods, it can make them constipated. (Though they will eat it. If you DO give it, soak it well first.)

Went to pet smart and got reptomin gobbled it right up!

Back
Top Bottom