African dwarf frog sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frogfriend25

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everybody! I just bought this new sand for my adf tank, thinking it would be a more soft, fine grain sand. It's not. I've been using a soft, natural beach sand for them which is great, but I was hoping to find something black.

Because it is a more coarse sand, I'm worried about them getting hurt eating it or scratched/uncomfortable swimming on it. It doesn't feel sharp to the touch for me but it might be for them. I guess that's what i get for buying cheap sand. Has anyone used this type of sand before?

and if it's not good for them, does anyone have any suggestions for substrate, preferably a dark colored sand? Thanks!!! I'm leaning towards getting something else because this is so risky.

here's the sand, and hopefully a picture attached too
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-black-aquarium-sand

Attachments

• unnamed.pdf
    672.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
That store generally takes back items that do not work for your pet. With the receipt, I doubt any problem, with out it, then maybe store credit.

Back
Top Bottom