Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Aquatic Reptiles, Amphibians & Herpetology
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Albino clawed fogs with red eared slider

I had to move my two albino clawed frogs to my 40 gallon breeder with my male red eared slider. I had to move them because they started eating my fish in my other tank and I could not keep on having to replace fish. The frogs seem to be fine right now with the turtle there just hiding because it's a new tank but just in case the turtle were to bite a leg or an arm off do albino clawed frogs regenerate body parts? The turtle already lives with a Raphael striped catfish and a whip tale catfish and does not bother them.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like a massacre to me. Frogs have no defence against a turtle and won't be able to out swim it plus they are part of a turtles natural diet
Old 05-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea seems like a bad idea but turt might like him
Old 05-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yah, I wish I had read this earlier. I got home after going out for a bit and the turtle had ripped apart one of them and when he saw me he had such a guilty look on his face. Luckily the other one was still alive so I took out the turtle and transferred the frog to my 20 gallon long tank. The tank only has 3 big apple snails and an algae eater in it so I presume nothing is going to hurt it. I hate to say it but the frog kind of deserved it. He ate 5 of my platys. I guess I have to remember my turtle is still an animal and he is going to have hunting instincts. No idea why he does not mess with the catfish I have in there.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bony fish and have sharp fins as some sort of defence. What the size difference too
Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea frogs are squishy and catfish may not taste great my pleco got bit and after that never again but huge size difference

Tags
albino, claw, clawed, fog, red, red eared slider

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com