Anole humidity out of control!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,
My 10 gallon anole tank with one anole has a problem. The lizard is great but the UVB lamp always makes the humidity go from 80 to 20 in a matter of 30 minutes. I have a spray bottle that I use to mist it but it is a pain to spray all of the time. These lizards need around 60-80% humidity and I was wondering if I could make a mist machine or something to keep the moisture up. Thanks
Also I've already bought the lowest light possible UVB bulb to use. Still nothing.

What kind of top do you have? And what kind of bedding are you using?

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you have water in the tank. Think about adding a small water feature. Or spend $80 on a fogger.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

What kind of top do you have? And what kind of bedding are you using?

A wire top that came with the cage. But I use cardboard to cover half to less humidity gets out. And the bedding is wood chips

Do you have water in the tank. Think about adding a small water feature. Or spend $80 on a fogger.

How much water ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398393673.304081.jpg

Looks very different now with the plants and there is more driftwood in there and a big water pool. This is the only picture I had

I recommend switching to coconut fibers. You can find it at most pet stores. And you should also use plastic instead of cardboard. It would hold the humidity way better. Just tape it to the lid. And then all you should have to do is spray out daily

I recommend switching to coconut fibers. You can find it at most pet stores. And you should also use plastic instead of cardboard. It would hold the humidity way better. Just tape it to the lid. And then all you should have to do is spray out daily

I use cardboard covered in plastic the heat of the lamp lets it escape.
So there is not mister I can make or buy

You could just buy a spray bottle and use that a couple of times a day. If not then a fogger would work well. Or I'm sure you could find some mister systems. It has been awhile since I used them but they cost some where from 50-100 dollars.

You could just buy a spray bottle and use that a couple of times a day. If not then a fogger would work well. Or I'm sure you could find some mister systems. It has been awhile since I used them but they cost some where from 50-100 dollars.

I use a spray bottle right now. But thanks for the help anyway

Do you have live plants. If so, plant them in soil and top with bark or moss to help with humidity. Or you could buy a fogger or mister from pet store. Or add small water feature with filter or air stone.

Back
Top Bottom