Any tips on keeping fire belly newts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john_franzwa

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've kept them before a while ago and was curious if any one has any tips or pointers, I only have a little bit of experience like maybe 4 years of amphibians, anyways thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try a "search" for them here? You may well find other previous threads to provide you additional information.

Yeah I've done that and I've read a lot of articles and watched almost every YouTube video and a lot on here, I was just wondering if anybody had any person recommenations

They are interesting and beautiful.

We kept them 10 years ago and they had moss, branches, land and water in the tank but no filter, back then I didn't have very good info so I would now make sure I had an underwater in tank filter and change their water much more often than 1x per week. Some kids couldn't keep them and gave them to my daughter. They lived with us about a year. My valuable info is not much, so I thought others could help more. Surely there is some one else here passionate about them.

Last edited:
They are interesting and beautiful.

We kept them 10 years ago and they had moss, branches, land and water in the tank but no filter, back then I didn't have very good info so I would now make sure I had an underwater in tank filter and change their water much more often than 1x per week. Some kids couldn't keep them and gave them to my daughter. They lived with us about a year. My valuable info is not much, so I thought others could help more. Surely there is some one else here passionate about them.

Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom