Axolotl swallowed a stone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bekkalouise

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone! Our axolotl has eaten a rather big peice of gravel and we can see it sticking out of his belly....we're unsure what to do as he looks like he is in pain and it looks to big for him too poop out! Anyone have any advice?

I didnt know that! Haha, hes just sitting on the bottom of the tank feeling all sorry for himself...i keep watching his belly and i can see the stone moving around!! Slightly grossed out! Haha

Ohh that has got to hurt. My axolotl did that once but the stone was still in his throat. I gently pushed the stone up until the ax coughed it up. I don't know what to do in your sittuation. By the way axolotls are carnivores so peas might not be the best idea.

Bekkalouise said:
How long do you think it would take for the peas to take effect?

Idk I'd say maybe an hour or so? How has he been doing since?

bettaowner said:
By the way axolotls are carnivores so peas might not be the best idea.

A single pea treatment is not going to hurt.

Nope, its still in his belly :( feel really bad because hes going to be in quite a lot of pain :( someone said it could be there for a month or so aswell, not good!

not quite the same but...

My african dwarf frog ate a stone that was really quite large compared to him. I could see it in his belly for months and I figured the frog would be just a bit heavier for the rest of his life. But one day I couldn't see the stone any more, so *somehow* these things must work themselves out...

Back
Top Bottom