Baby sitting turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh and the turtles were holding mouths open and staring and wiggling claws and the biggest went for the little guy

The bigger one might be territorial. Since the one is small I would probably separate them. The little one could loose a tail or limbs If attacked.

Just to be safe I would separate them. If a tail is bitten off it won't grow back. Could you send a photo if possible.

New to caring for multiple turtles not turtles we had a few cases like this but turtles were similar size we made them sit in buckets all night in the tub and put them back I was like 8 I'm 18 now I have 4 cats and 1 turtle and a duck

Can't imagine explaining wounded turtle after the loss of my friend the familly took off and asked me to feed it a week after poor thing ate everything

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 turtles, two cats (one is a kitten), and fish. I'm only 15. I've actually lost a turtle due to aggression. He was a western painted. He got his tail bit off. Then feet and died a year later.

Oh sad man I went to oregan and lost a dozen or so turtles when I was that age in a pond to predators

I live on the river in Florida. So I've caught tons of wild turtles. 1in to 18in. My turtles that are in my tank are captive breed tho.

I have fish in my 55 gallon that turtle leaves alone and a large pleco and a crayfish

It's a pretty good turtle set up

Can't get fish because I'm off to army I. Two months and dad can't help but kill fish he is a fish killer

I mean I already have a duckling luckily it will be big before I go lol so that way less easy to lose in the house

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend took it from it's mother sort of but I helped him care for it even though I told him not to still he didn't chase it it swam into his hands but he was hit and killed on Easter so it's completely myn now he got to big for aquarium now in large dog cage which is plenty large but he can grow into it

My turtle tank set up Is a 45 gallon long tank. I've never had much luck with putting fish in the tank. I've never actually put fish in with the extent of them living. I often buy feeder fish for the turtles. Some of the feeder fish the turtles just can't catch and they get big. When it comes to cleaning the tank I usually take out too much water and the shock kills them.

Same here the pleco was scary 35$ but hey he got bit and turtle figured to big for food and my fish survive when I take as much water I can siphon out and throw back in shock is fine they act stunned but normal in a couple hours

Back
Top Bottom