How to Filter a 120g tank for turtles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rezzinator

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I'm ready to purchase a 120g tank for my two red slider aquatic turtles. They've gotten to be about as big as a salad plate in the last five years and are now sharing a 40g tank, way too crowded.

My question is how to filter such a large tank? I currently use a Zoo Med 75 and it works really well. But what is needed for the upgrade?

Thank you

Scott

Hi, can you only run one canister filter or more? On my 150gal I run an internal filter for mechanical filtration / powerhead that I clean every few weeks.

And then two canister filters. I rotate cleaning of the canister filters so I can be a little more aggressive with filter cleaning.

+1 on multiple filters.
Power heads can help circulation keep debris suspended till it gets drawn in by filters.

I run a 406, 404 and do gravel vacuums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I own a few big reptiles, heres my caiman resting on a custom filter made from a old eheim canister, Filled with lava rocks aeriated by air stones in the bottom ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474663845.417217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom