I cleaned my fluval canster filter and guess what i found in it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonnypro

Aquarium Advice Freak
So about a month ago another one of my cray had baby's. They were all over the tank. So today I was doing my normal maintenance of the filter and in the sponge part of the filter were 2 small ( about an inch ) in the sponge of my fluval 405. Funny part is that they had to be in there for a month or so because my intake for the filter would not let them get through. Thought this was weird. Anyone else have this happen to them?

So about a month ago another one of my cray had baby's. They were all over the tank. So today I was doing my normal maintenance of the filter and in the sponge part of the filter were 2 small ( about an inch ) in the sponge of my fluval 405. Funny part is that they had to be in there for a month or so because my intake for the filter would not let them get through. Thought this was weird. Anyone else have this happen to them?

And they were dead or alive ?

Alive.... I guess when excess food got sucked into the filter it fed them.

image-1395269952.jpg

That's how small the intake is. So they were very very small when they got sucked up.

Back
Top Bottom