I need tank help high NO2 and 6 ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juicebox9487

Aquarium Advice Newbie
To start I haven't had an aquarium since I was in elementary school im 15 now and a couple of weeks ago my cousin and I were in a petshop and saw African dwarf frogs she said I should get some so basically I bought the equipment cleaned out the old 10gal tank and set up my tank I then buy 2 frogs with two of those suckerfish dudes I forgot the name I think I didn't acclimate them properly so they both died they sat in the tank for a day bc I didn't think about them being dead until I got home that afternoon the tank then got cloudy the test strips didn't have any abnormal readings (I'm planning on getting the water test kit thing later) were normal so I thought I'd be fine but the next day, yesterday, one of the frogs was dead not just chillin floating but dead dead so I flushed him that night I went with my father to petsmart because the store they were shopping at was next door he suggested I get some ghost shrimp so I buy 6 spend an hour acclimating them then put them in the other frog seemed fine he was chillin in his cave then today when I get home I check on the tank still cloudy I look for the frog cant find him so I lift up his cave a bit to see if I missed him scanning the tank and he was dead too I checked to make sure he wasn't regular chilling but dead along with 2 shrimp I take them out and flush them and check the water with a test strip they read that the NO2 was at 20 and the ph was slightly acidic at 6 I dont know what to do I used tap water conditioner and this other thing that helps with nitrate and ammonia but the water is still like that I have two small grass in the front and like 8 skinny tall plants in the back I also removed some water and replaced it hoping that'll help it did slightly but still cloudy can anyone help me (sorry for the long story)

Back
Top Bottom