Musk turtles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine still swims from me then trys to bite me when I get a hand on him. Watch out because they can stretch those necks to get their heads half way back on the shell.

I've seen him do that! He has never tried to bite me, yet! Hopefully he never does!

I have to take him out to feed him because the other fish are way to fast and end up eating his food. So I do pick him up almost everyday.

I've seen him do that! He has never tried to bite me, yet! Hopefully he never does!

I have to take him out to feed him because the other fish are way to fast and end up eating his food. So I do pick him up almost everyday.

My slider just hisses at me, but I don't think she would ever bite me. She's quite comfortable with me though, my hands are in there all the time and she bumps into me curiously. I made her a custom ATBA and EVERY time I watch TV she gets out of the tank and watches with me whether the basking light is on or not it's pretty funny. Can't wait to get her 135 up and running with a brand new tank long basking area.

My slider just hisses at me, but I don't think she would ever bite me. She's quite comfortable with me though, my hands are in there all the time and she bumps into me curiously. I made her a custom ATBA and EVERY time I watch TV she gets out of the tank and watches with me whether the basking light is on or not it's pretty funny. Can't wait to get her 135 up and running with a brand new tank long basking area.

That's gonna be an amazing tank. Send me some pics when you get that up and running!

That's gonna be an amazing tank. Send me some pics when you get that up and running!

I honestly am so impatient about it. Gonna be my slider and some sunfish. The basking area is going to be huge I'm real excited about it. I need some extra cash to get the wood etc. so it will be a while. Gonna run dual Fx5's. thought about a sump but I keep reading they are not ideal for turtle waste since it sinks and sumps only remove surface particles.

I honestly am so impatient about it. Gonna be my slider and some sunfish. The basking area is going to be huge I'm real excited about it. I need some extra cash to get the wood etc. so it will be a while. Gonna run dual Fx5's. thought about a sump but I keep reading they are not ideal for turtle waste since it sinks and sumps only remove surface particles.

That's not true
I run a sump and I don't notice anything

That's not true
I run a sump and I don't notice anything

Well my additional problem is its not drilled so I would need and overflow box and I've heard too many horror stories if its not drilled. So no gunk on the substrate? I sure the water is crystal clear but nothing builds up? Also is yours drilled? Pretty sure my setup is tempered so it's not even and option to drill it.

Back
Top Bottom