My African Dwarf Frog has something on his nose!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lavendera1975

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good evening, everyday I study my fish, and everything was good until the afternoon time. Frogger was sleeping in his lily pad quite deep! I had to wiggle him hard to make sure he was alive. He did and dived down into the gravel. But when I began to look at his face, he has a little white discoloration on his nose. Neither of my 2 ADF have ever had that. Can someone tell me what caused it and what it is? I’d appreciate it greatly!

Best Regards,
Michelle Vasquez

Attachments

• 8BADC175-5A3F-4D47-A25C-37B320A1D809.jpg
    8BADC175-5A3F-4D47-A25C-37B320A1D809.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 146
Good evening, everyday I study my fish, and everything was good until the afternoon time. Frogger was sleeping in his lily pad quite deep! I had to wiggle him hard to make sure he was alive. He did and dived down into the gravel. But when I began to look at his face, he has a little white discoloration on his nose. Neither of my 2 ADF have ever had that. Can someone tell me what caused it and what it is? I’d appreciate it greatly!

Best Regards,

Michelle Vasquez
Hello, I've read that this is common for adfs. Most are raised in ponds & not used to tanks so they rub against glass. People say to use furan 2 because it handles both gram negative, positive bacteria & fungus. Hopefully this helps you!!!!!Screenshot_20220629-102639~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom